Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Missions Conference!!!


Yay! This weekend was our missions conference at DFGC.
We had a lot of fun. It was a really busy weekend for me, since I was the conference coordinator, but it was well worth the work (and a lot of people pitched in to help this year - it wouldn't have happened without them). If you'd like to see more pictures, click here.
I finally got to wear my shirt that Greg gave me when we got engaged! Last year I was too pregnant to fit in it! One of these days I'm going to get some shoes that match (or wear it in the summer) so that I can wear the whole outfit!


We were able to spend some time blessing and praying for our missionaries as well as being challenged by Pastor Dick Bashta to live our lives in surrender, wherever God calls us (and don't put a limit on where God has called you - there are still 6,000 unreached people groups, 153 over 1 million people - see John 21:11 for an interesting take on that!).


Gabe and Evan were great the whole weekend, and Gabe said that he had a lot of fun at the "missions conference party". He even went on a safari! We gave the kids little booklets and questions to answer. When they found the answer (hidden in all the missions displays), they could get a stamp from a "safari guide". When they filled their whole book, they could turn it into the "game wardens" and be entered to win a CD (Isaiah 6 - Tribes and Tongues), some missionary heroes books or Window on the World.

Thank you to all of you who were praying for me as I was working on putting together the details. I really appreciate it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone,
Happy Valentines Day to you all and give the little guys hugs and kisses from us.
Love yas Tami & Sara
xoxoxoxo, xoxoxoxo

Keila said...

You look so absolutely beautiful!!! I'm so glad it all went well. We're still sick down here... ridiculously sick... I don't think it was your bugs. Love and miss you!!!