Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hello?

Hi!  Can you tell that my camera hasn't been working much this past few months?  I feel like life is happening and I'm forgetting it!  It's the middle of April already ... agh! 
  So I've been reading in 1 Corinthians about being a part of the body ... and I'm encouraged to be me.  I was created to have the gifts and personality that I have.  I will never be anyone else and I might as well not try because I would definitely be terrible at it.  I will never cook as well as Betty Crocker (just look at last night's dessert as evidence ... things definitely turn out better with baking powder).  I will never have as clean a house as ... most people I know.  I will never be as eloquent in my blog as other people I know.  I will never be as sweetly gentle as many pastor's wives.  I am not fashion queen (though I don't ever want to give up on that one).  I am not a perfect mother (and yes, I am aware of the fact that my children were loud today in the library, thank you). That's not who I am.  I am not giving myself an excuse not to grow ... since that would be incredibly prideful and stupid.  But at the same time, I just have to me who God made me to be.
So who am I?  Me!
  When I was in college there was a time where we could each receive personal prophecy.  As the prophets came to me they laughed and said, "You are a spark plug. Don't let anyone try to change your personality or who you are.  God made you that way."  I recently listened again ... and reminded myself.  That's who I am.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think God did a wonderful job on you! :) You're great!

Andrea V said...

I love who you are, Mel!

Bulah Socks said...

You go lady! It's true. You are fearfully and wonderfully made Mel. And I love who you are.