
"How do you like your coffee? I like my Coffee Crisp!"
The past few days I've had the pleasure of hosting and old friend at my new house. We had a great visit. She brought food that I haven't had since ... the last time she visited. Things we can't get here. Things like Coffee Crisp, All Dressed and Ketchup chips, Smarties and Decadent cookies: food that brings back memories of growing up. Being with her makes me think of a part of my life that seems really far away from where I am right now. Different country, different age, different world. I grew up in a great area. I had great friends. Though life changes and circumstances and home locations change, she and I are still friends.
We didn't really do anything special while she was here. We didn't go anywhere or see anything. Greg was at the office and had a night meeting, and I had embarrassingly large piles of laundry to fold. She's that kind of friend. She helped my fold them and we chatted. Then we had hot cocoa. We made dinner. I gave the kids baths and she watched Boz with them. We watched NCIS after they went to bed. She's the kind of friend who doesn't mind folding laundry with me, or holding Eden while I make dinner, or kicking Gabe off the couch for putting his feet in her face for the 3rd time. When we were growing up, we did mundane things together and fun things. We shopped, camped, watched JAG, ice skated, played cards ... and raked, cleaned, babysat, made lunch. She's still that kind of friend. I'm blessed to have her, even if I only get to see her once a year. Maybe next time we can do something exciting while you're here, Andrea. I hope so. Thanks for coming and living my life with me for a few days. I appreciate you.
2 comments:
sounds absolutely wonderful!
It was!
Mel you're gonna make me cry!
AV
Post a Comment