Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tulips are Red



Aren't those pretty? My husband bought them for me for Valentine's Day. He does such a great job picking out flowers, and that can be a lot of pressure knowing that your wife loves flowers and worked at a floral arranging warehouse!
Valentines Day is always a bit rushed feeling around here. Maybe because it's the day before my birthday and we can never figure out which night to get a sitter, since 2 nights in a row is a bit much (on the boys and the budget). Maybe it's because one or the other is bound to fall on a GenChurch, THOP, Worship Team or some sort of youth meeting. This year both events fell on a weekend, which gave us more time together. Unfortunately, they also fell on the weekend that I was ordered to "rest, drink Gatorade and be quiet" by my doctor. I'd been having a lot of cramping so after a few visits to the doc and some tests, that's what we came up with. Everything is just fine, don't worry. With all the feeling sick etc. my electrolytes got thrown off and needed to get reset. I'm feeling much better now, thanks.
Anyway, we decided to celebrate Valentine's Day on the actual day, and then celebrate my birthday on Monday, Greg's day off. It was all very nice. I feel very spoiled and pampered at the moment. For my birthday, Greg brought me to a really nice salon and I had my hair cut and colored (while he walked around the mall for 1 1/2 hours with the boys). I really like the way it looks, I just have to learn to style it better. (Okay for you people caught in the suspense of the moment, it's shorter, darker and redder - does that help? I'm sure you'll see a picture eventually). For Valentines Day we went to an AMAZING restaurant called "Athos" It's a really nice Greek place (that, in my opinion is the understatement of the year. It is now my official favorite fancy restaurant. As far as I am concerned, I could go there for Valentines day for the rest of my life). So ... my Valenirthday was definitely a blessing to me this year.
Someday I will blog about the wonderfulness of my husband, but I don't have the time or the space today!

And a small note (especially for those residing in Canada who called and asked - ahem, Tami) We do not yet know the gender of our baby. Sorry if it sounded like that from Gabriel's comments. Maybe we'll know in March. We'll see.

1 comment:

Deanna @ oneagleswings said...

It sounds like you guys had an absolute blast on your birthday/Valentine's Day weekend. Greg was very thoughtful and I can't wait to see your new hair style.

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well. I had cramping in my 7th month with Caleb due to dehydration. I hope that you are all rested up and rehydrated.