Wednesday, October 01, 2008

My 100th post!

Yay, this is my 100th post. Wow. I haven't blogged very often for having this site for over 2 years! Some people hit their 100th post in their first six months! Ah well, life comes fast around here.

Speaking of fast life ... Sometimes in our busy, run-everywhere even at home lives we get in a "just trying to maintain" mode. I think I was there without realizing it. Lately, I have been feeling the Lord call me deeper with Him. I am rediscovering a love for the Word of God. Don't get me wrong, I have always loved God's Word, but lately I am realizing more and more how much He wants to talk to me. I think sometimes in all the busyness of life I forget that the Bible is God's Word, not just a book that God speaks through. Are you tracking with me? It's not a chore to get done, or a duty to check off the list, or a rule to keep up the relationship, His word is HIS WORD, God talking to us. God ALIVE talking to ME. I don't have to try to drum up some feeling of God speaking to me while I'm praying (not to negate God talking to us AT ALL in that way, because that is important and that is another re-disovery that I am making) - I just try sometimes too much to hear Him that way that I get frustrated when I get interrupted, or distracted ... I forget that He wants to speak to me simply (by simply, I do not mean only, I mean simple, easy ...) by my opening of His Word with the expectation to hear His heart for me, my family, the world, my specific situation... I've been yearning for deeper relationship with Him. More depth, more closeness. How do we become closer, Lord? By talking, getting to know each other. How does that work? Prayer is the talking on my part (and listening for that lovely voice), but it is also listening to His talking through the Word. It's reading what He's done, and what He wants to do. Who He is and who I am. There is immeasurable wisdom, life and relationship found in His Word that He is waiting for me to discover, waiting for me to find, waiting, alive ... just inside the covers of my little blue Bible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on #100! It took me a long time to get there too :)
Thanks for sharing your thoughts - it was really good to read. I needed the reminder and will probably come back to remind myself again.